Quickies: Same-Sex Marriage, Pride Month, Slurs
[CN: transphobic language]
- For the first time, a US Armed Forces color guard has participated in a pride parade. An eight-member color guard team from the U.S. Army Military District of Washington lead the DC pride parade.
- Meanwhile in South Korea, the pride parade in Seoul was disrupted by Christian protesters who blocked the route.
- Good news on the same-sex marriage front: the ban in Wisconsin was stuck down on Friday.
- More good news: North Dakota’s ban on same-sex marriage was challenged this Friday. ND was the last state with an unchallenged same-sex marriage ban.
- Can we talk about language? Maybe not if you’re Dan Savage and you’re talking about your discontinued use of the word “tranny.”
Featured image: Mike Conneen/WJLA