Quickies: Same-Sex Marriage, Right to Discriminate, Same-Sex Parenting
- The United Nations will now give the same benefits to all legally married couples, same-sex or otherwise, regardless of whether their marriages are recognized in their countries of citizenship.
- Anti-LGBT groups in Houston have gathered enough signatures to subject their nondiscrimination ordinance to a voter referendum.
- According to this study, listing LGBT activism on your resume can hurt your chances of getting a job.
- Mississippi’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act is now in effect, giving businesses the right to refuse service to LGBT patrons.
- We’ll end on an up note: a study in Australia has found that children raised by same-sex couples fair better on health and well-being measures.
Featured image: Gay Star News