Quickies: Same Sex Marriage, Religious Communities, Models of Transition
- Eric Stonestreet, the straight actor who plays a gay man on Modern Family, explains why he refused to have his picture taken with Rick Santorum. (Hint, it wasn’t the froth.)
- A second FL judge, this time in Miami, has ruled FL’s same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional, and ordered the county of Miami-Dade to allow same sex couples to marry.
- In Alaska, the state supreme court ruled that same-sex couples are entitled to survivor benefits.
- An LGBT activist in the UK is threatening to out gay Bishops if they discriminate against Anglican clergy who enter same-sex marriages.
- In protest of the ex-communication of feminist activist Kate Kelly, about 100 Mormons staged a mass resignation from the LDS Church.
- This boy’s Mormon family and community provide a surprising model of acceptance when learning he is transgender.
- Super model Andreja Pejic, who became famous as an androgynous male model, has come out as a transgender woman.
Featured image: Kate Kelly via Getty Images