Quickies: Gay Birds, Gay Bears, Gay Priests, Gay Marriage
- Male-Male Flamingo Pair Adopt Abandoned Chick – A pair of gay Chilean Flamingos in the Edinburgh zoo took over care of an egg after its parents fumbled it out of the nest and subsequently abandoned it. The chick has since hatched and is doing well in the care of its adoptive fathers.
- Transgender Violence Tracking Portal (TVTP) – “To date, TVTP has 2,164 backlogged articles and news reports of murders and violent acts against trans* people. A team of 47 researchers and five administrators is hard at work accumulating this important data to input into the system, with the help of the public.”
- Gay Parody Spoofs Disney ‘Bears’ Documentary – Great, but what I really wanted them to parody was the occurrence described at the bottom of the article.
- One Intersex Trans Woman’s Experience in the Queer Community – “I have been truly shocked at how little gays and lesbians know or understand the trans experience, let alone that of intersex people. How, I ask myself, can I expect straight people to understand trans and gender variant people, when so few in the LGB community understand us?”
- This Week in Same-Sex Marriage – The NY Post gives a rundown of the developments that brought the number of states allowing same sex marriage from 19 to 32(ish) and also has updates on pending cases. And yesterday, a federal judge in AK ruled against that state’s same-sex marriage ban.
- Kickstarter for a Children’s Book About a Gender Non-Conforming Kid – B in the World is a paperback chapter book about a gender non-conforming second grader called “B” who uses male pronouns. From Critical Dragon1177.
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Gets a Well Overdue Update – They’ve changed their name to the National LGBTQ Task Force in attempts to reflect the wider goals of the organization and remove lingering barriers the outdated name may have imposed.
- Romanian “Orthodox Priests” 2015 Calendar – The group claiming to be gay Orthodox priests has put out another beefcake calendar, this one dedicated to the message of tolerance.
Featured Image: Orthodox Calendar