Quickies: Attempted Clinic Bombing, Wonder Woman Officiates Lesbian Wedding, Bi in the USA
- Man Caught with Bomb in Women’s Health Clinic – A man was arrested after bringing an improvised explosive device into the South Wind Women’s Center, where Dr Tiller worked before he was murdered. No one was hurt in this apparent instance of attempted domestic terrorism by yet another white, Christian, American male.
- Anti-Gay Bakery Sends Out Cakes and Anti-Gay Propaganda – The Oregon bakery that was fined for refusing to serve a lesbian couple, sent packages to 10 pro-LGBT organizations. The packages contained cakes with the writing “We really do love you!” and DVDs containing anti-gay propaganda.
- Ellen Page Confronts Ted Cruz on LGBT Rights – In the video [warning: autoplay], Page suggests it’s unAmerican that people can be fired for being LGBT. Cruz’s response basically equates not being able to fire people for being LGBT with persecuting Christians for their faith.
- Wonder Woman Officiates Lesbian Wedding – “In latest issue of the Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman, Chapter 48, Wonder Woman officiates the wedding of a lesbian she met cleaning up the wreckage of Hurricane Katrina. She later explains to Clark Kent, “Clark, my country is all women. To us, it’s not ‘gay’ marriage. It’s just marriage.”
- “50 Years of Transgender Models” – “Recently, a sister brand of H&M, called & Other Stories, launched a new campaign for its fall collection that features transgender models. In celebration of this milestone, The Advocate compiled a 50-year history trans beauties that have been breaking barriers in the fashion industry.”
- Bi in the USA – According to a recent YouGov survey, only 78% of Americans and 64% of young adults identified themselves as fully heterosexual on the Kinsey scale. A full 9% of Americans listed themselves solidly in the bisexual range, with 6% identifying as fully or mostly homosexual.
- Rugby Player Keegan Hirst Comes Out as Gay – “Keegan Hirst has become the first openly gay professional Rugby League player, after revealing his true sexuality in an interview with the Sunday Mirror. The 27-year-old, who captains Yorkshire Rugby League side Batley Bulldogs, made the announcement just hours before leading his side out at the Batley Fox’s Biscuits Stadium on Sunday.”
Featured image via DC Comics