Quickies: Autistic Trans Man Shot by Police, Transgender Activism in Romania, LGBT Rights in India
- Police Shoot Autistic Trans Man After Being Alerted to Suicide Risk – The media have been misgendering and dead naming Kayden Clarke all over the place. In a story that’s become all too common in the USA, the police respond to a person having a mental health crisis by escalating the situation and then executing the person they were meant to save.
- “School suspends trans boy for using boys’ restroom — after girls complained he was using theirs” – Three years into his transition, the student was told he could no longer use the boys restroom. Unsurprisingly, the girls didn’t want him in their restroom, either. From critical dragon1177.
- A Novel Approach to Teaching LGBTQAI Healthcare – “The innovative aspect of Georgetown’s approach to starting the conversation about LGBT-related issues begins before students ever set foot in the classroom. Accepted students are assigned one book to read before they enter school in August: Jeffrey Eugenides’ Middlesex.”
- Transgender Activism in Romania – Learn about the founders of TRANSform, Romania’s first transgender focused NGO, and the work they do.
- Thousands March on Mumbai for LGBT Rights – “The diversities among the crowd — sexual orientation, profession, nationality — were united by a common purpose: to protest against the archaic section 377 that criminalises same-sex relations between consenting adults.”
- “This World Needs This Gay Mormon Superhero” – “Now a happily married gay Mormon husband and father, Andersen has translated his lifetime of experience with the faith into a comic book series about gay and lesbian Mormon superheroes called Stripling Warrior—a reference to a Book of Mormon story about 2,000 young men who fought in an ancient American civil war—with gorgeous art by James Neish.” From critical dragon1177.
- “Russian politicians are debating if a tiger and a goat are ‘promoting homosexuality’” – “Russian lawyer Alexei Krestianov claims media coverage of the unlikely friendship could turn Russian kids gay by ‘generating interest in non-traditional sexual relationships.’ He added that their ‘non-traditional co-habitation’ is ‘an intrusion into the private lives of underage citizens and covert gay propaganda, as well as an active imposition of homosexuality.'”
Featured image: Kayden Clarke and service dog Samson