Hello my wonderful friends! Here’s some quickies to finish out June!
- Who Needs Feminism? I do! I need feminism because no kid (or adult) should have to live in a world where being called a girl is an insult.
- Nike celebrates 40th anniversary of Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education programs or activities (most notably sports).
- Stepping outside gender lines—a report from CBC Radio’s Sook-Yin Lee.
- Check out (and help fund!) this awesome project called Black Girl Dangerous Writing Workshops. And spread the word, too!
- The US Supreme Court ruled yesterday that Obama’s health care law constitutional. Stacy Long writes about how this is a victory for LGBT Americans.
- Are trans* people being targeted by police in Toronto?