Quickies: Gay Ambassadors, Divine Retribution, McKellen Me Softly
- NPR provides a good summary on the status of same-sex marriage across the country. “With officials in Oregon and Pennsylvania deciding not to challenge court decisions overturning bans on gay marriage, they became the 18th and 19th states where same-sex couples can be granted legal recognition.”
- Making its way around the internet: “If Gay Guys Said the Shit Straight People Say…“
- President Obama has nominated his sixth openly gay ambassador, Ted Osius, who if confirmed would serve as the US ambassador to Vietnam.
- Eastern Orthodox church leaders claim Balkan floods caused by Conchita Wurst’s Eurovision win. Some might argue that a god who would murder over 50 innocent people because a drag queen won a contest is a god unworthy of worship, even if it did exist.
- Finally, check out “McKellen Me Softley,” an art show tribute to Ian McKellen produced by Geeks OUT.
Featured image: James Protano’s contribution to “McKellen Me Softly”
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.