- Same-sex Marriages to Commence in Florida – The SCOTUS denied FL’s request for a stay on the ban’s repeal, allowing same-sex marriages to start on January 6.
- China Orders Clinic to Compensate Man Who Underwent “Conversion Therapy” – “This ruling is being considered as China’s first case involving ‘conversion therapy’, with campaigners saying it could lead to people to stop thinking homosexuality is a disease.”
- The Royal Air Force’s First Openly Trans Pilot – Flight Lieutenant Ayla Holdom speaks to The Daily Mail about transitioning while serving in the RAF. Hopefully the US can learn from this example, and the Mail can learn to spend less time discussing gender confirming medical procedures.
- Justice Dept: Title VII Protects Transgender Rights – “The Justice Department is now interpreting federal law to explicitly prohibit workplace discrimination against transgender people, according to a memo released Thursday by Attorney General Eric Holder.”
- Trans Lifeline Expands to Canada – The first hotline staffed by and for the transgender community now offers services in Canada. If you are a trans person in crisis or a parent in need of help for a trans child, the numbers are USA: 877-565-8860. Canada: 877-330-6366.
- Yet Another Crappy TLC Show: “My Husband’s Not Gay” – The show follows Mormon men who are attracted to men but marry women. The trailer does not contain the word “bisexual,” as it is apparently unknown to everyone involved in the show.
- Did the Legend of Korra Finally Feature A Same-Sex Romance? – Hardly. The ending was ambiguous at best, but it did provide great fodder for fan fiction.
Featured image: Korra via Nickelodeon