- What does Bruce Jenner Mean for Trans Women of Color – Katrina Goodlet and Alexa Vasquez discuss objectification and misrepresentation as TWoCs living post Jenner/Sawyer interview.
- Smith College Officially Open Doors to Trans Women – “Smith College will join Mount Holyoke College in welcoming self-identified transgender women in its admissions policy beginning in the fall of 2015.”
- “Utah High School Elects State’s First Transgender Prom Queen” – “Brown now joins a growing group of trans teens elected school royalty in the U.S., including, most recently, Modesto, Calif.’s Enochs High School homecomiong princess Isaac Salazar. Like Salazar, Brown’s win is being noted as a reversal of her home town’s conservative reputation.”
- “Flannel Is Not the Enemy” – Pittsburgh-based queer performing arts youth group Dreams of Hope has produced a video in support of LGBTQIA students at McGuffey High School in response to a student-lead organized anti-gay harassment campaign.
- Magazine Aims to Fight Stigma with Ink Infused with HIV+ Blood – Austrian magazine Vangardis is issuing a rare print edition, 3000 copies of which will be printed with ink infuses with blood from three HIV+ donors. CEO and editor Julian Wiehl noted, “If there is an infection, we should try and cure it, not stigmatize it. Some of the biggest symptoms of HIV are listed as isolation and depression.”
- Russian LGBT Activists Join May Day March – “A gay rights contingent prominently marched alongside 90,000 other activists in a massive rally on Labor Day along Nevsky Prospect, St Petersberg’s main street.”
- SCOTUS Hears Oral Arguments in Same-Sex Marriage Case – The Washington Post has a rundown on the arguments and the case so far.
- Did Rick Santorum Just Affirm Bruce Jenner’s Gender Identity? – No, of course not. He’s just showing Jenner some good ol’ fashion Christian love.
Featured image via Mladen Antonov/AFP/Getty Images