- Caitlyn Jenner’s Outstanding ESPY Speech – Jenner used her platform to focus attention on transgender youth who still face violence and discrimination. Time has the video and full text of her speech.
- “Master Curation: How to Find Queer Hints in Art” – “A queer sensibility can be found in London’s National Portrait Gallery. You just need to know where — and how — to look.”
- “Thomas Roberts Becomes First Openly Gay Evening News Anchor On Network TV” – “Thomas Roberts anchored NBC’s ‘Nightly News’ on Saturday, a huge milestone for both the 42-year-old journalist’s career and gay rights history.”
- “Boy Scouts Move Closer to Ending Ban on Gay Leaders” – “The organization’s executive committee adopted a resolution last week that would change the policy.”
- New Employment Protections for Gays and Lesbians – “The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, created to enforce and implement the 1964 Civil Rights Act, ruled this week that workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation is illegal.”
- “Trans Woman Keeps Beard to Expand Definition of ‘Woman’” – “I knew that simply shaving my beard and putting breasts on wasn’t going to make me pass, and I used to work for an architect and he used to say ‘When you’re designing something you either make it very deliberately level or very deliberately off’. So that was the philosophy.”
Featured image via Forbes