- “Filmmaker Parvez Sharma on Islam, homosexuality and the new ‘A Sinner in Mecca’” – The LA Times interviews Sharma about the creation of his new film and the violent backlash he’s experiencing following its release.
- Caitlyn Jenner Distances Herself From Trans Community – And to that we say, “Good riddance!” She was never elected official spokes person of the trans community, and most of us would be happier if the media would catch on and stop treating her as such.
- Study: Trans Kids Not Confused – “Across all these tasks, across the more and the less controllable measures of gender development, our transgender participants look just like other kids, but in the direction of their gender identity rather than their sex assigned at birth.”
- San Francisco County Jail to Integrate Trans Women – “Transgender women in San Francisco’s city-county jails will be able to access programs for other female inmates and eventually will be housed with them if they wish to be, under a plan unveiled Thursday by Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi.”
- Louisiana OMV Changes Policy Following Viral Video – It wasn’t the first time a transgender woman had been denied her driver’s licence photo for looking too much like a woman. However, after the video of Alexandra Glover’s mistreatment went viral, LA OMV Commissioner Stephen Campbell announced that guidelines would be updated to prevent further anti-trans discrimination.
- Right Wing Militia Volunteers to Guard Kim Davis – Oath Keepers descended on Rowan County, KY, guns in tow, in order to block US Marshals from arresting Kim Davis for obstructing clerks from issuing marriage licences. Davis’s team swiftly declined their offer.
- Watch Ellen DeGeneres Lip-Sync Diana Ross and Rihanna – “Ellen DeGeneres took part in Jimmy Fallon’s lip-sync battle on Friday night, choosing Diana Ross’ Theme From Mahogany as her first number and following that up with Rihanna’s Bitch Better Have My Money.”
Featured image via Parvez Sharma