- Laura Jane Grace Talks About Being Trans in 2015 – “I’m not sure about a term like ‘unified trans community,’ as that’s starting to sound like a league of superheroes, but I am in for the costumes if there are any. The point is that there is so much diversity in the trans community — and that needs to be represented publicly.”
- Pentagon Opens All Combat Positions to Women – “Saying America’s military must draw from “the broadest possible pool of talent,” Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Thursday that women in the U.S. military — including the Army and Marines — can now serve in combat posts.”
- First Openly Gay Member Elected to Australian House of Representatives – “The acting president of the Liberal Party, Zimmerman, became the first out gay member of the Lower House in winning the seat, but barely mentioned it in his victory speech. ‘I know that tonight in some ways is a very historic moment for the Australian Parliament and I’m very cognizant of that fact,’ he said.”
- “More Religious Schools Seek Right to Discriminate Against LGBT Students” – “With the expansion of LGBT rights, there has been a spike in the number of religiously affiliated colleges and universities seeking exemptions from federal antidiscrimination laws.”
- “This Kid’s Book Features A Prince Who Transforms Into A Princess” – “Called The Royal Heart, the fairytale goes beyond just talking about gender identity, but preaches a message of acceptance for a teenager embracing her true self and coming into her own as a leader. It is the first in a series that author Greg McGoon plans to create to detail the lives and stories of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) characters in fairy tale frameworks.”
- “Adorable new fairy tale gives Cinderella a transgender twist” – “Jamie – A Transgender Fairytale”, is a retelling of the Cinderella story with a F to M lead. Via critical dragon1177.
- Japanese Pro Wrestler Performs Penis Suplex – Behold: the mighty power of the penis! Happy Monday! (NSFW)
Featured image: Laura Jane Grace via Huffington Post