- Self-Care Tips for Coping with Childhood Trauma – This article from Everyday Feminism is specifically aimed at adult children of abusive parents, but these coping strategies can be used by anyone with a history of childhood trauma.
- LA Foster Care Facility Makes Special Effort for LGBT Youth – “We need a lot of help, especially from the transgender community… It would be nice to have more resources for our transgender youth. We want more accepting foster homes. We find that the LGBT community is more accepting of children of all kinds.”
- “Are Bisexuals Shut Out of the LGBT Club?” – “Two studies published in the December 2015 issue of the Journal of Bisexuality confirm what bi people have been saying for some time: The discrimination they face within the LGBT community is as real as the discrimination they face outside of it.”
- “‘Shut Up, I’m Talking’: Why I Refuse To Educate Bigoted People” – Alex Gabriel discusses biphobia and where he draws the line when it comes to educating others.
- Philadelphia Mummers: Transphobia and Racism on Parade – “The 116-year-old Mummers Parade — often characterized as the city’s version of Mardi Gras — has faced annual criticism for its lack of diversity and racial insensitivity.” This year’s parade included a skit depicting Caitlyn Jenner’s transition going from Wheaties to Fruitloops, and signs proclaiming “Mummer’s Lives Matter.”
- “Vietnam has a long way to go, say LGBT students” – LGBT students face widescale bullying and harassment from students and teachers, and unsupportive parents.
- “Indian lawmaker launches fresh public campaign to decriminalise gay sex” – As you may have read here recently, Congressman Shashi Tharoor failed to pass legislation decriminalizing same-sex relations. Now he’s taking his campaign to the public, trying to build new support for his legislation.
- New Photos of Iggy Pop Surface – Check out these photos taken by his girlfriend Esther Friedman from 1976 – 1982.
Featured image: Iggy Pop