Quickies: Autistic Trans Man Shot by Police, Transgender Activism in Romania, LGBT Rights in India
- Police Shoot Autistic Trans Man After Being Alerted to Suicide Risk – The media have been misgendering and dead naming Kayden Clarke all over the place. In a story that’s become all too common in the USA, the police respond to a person having a mental health crisis by escalating the situation and then executing the person they were meant to save.
- “School suspends trans boy for using boys’ restroom — after girls complained he was using theirs” – Three years into his transition, the student was told he could no longer use the boys restroom. Unsurprisingly, the girls didn’t want him in their restroom, either. From critical dragon1177.
- A Novel Approach to Teaching LGBTQAI Healthcare – “The innovative aspect of Georgetown’s approach to starting the conversation about LGBT-related issues begins before students ever set foot in the classroom. Accepted students are assigned one book to read before they enter school in August: Jeffrey Eugenides’ Middlesex.”
- Transgender Activism in Romania – Learn about the founders of TRANSform, Romania’s first transgender focused NGO, and the work they do.
- Thousands March on Mumbai for LGBT Rights – “The diversities among the crowd — sexual orientation, profession, nationality — were united by a common purpose: to protest against the archaic section 377 that criminalises same-sex relations between consenting adults.”
- “This World Needs This Gay Mormon Superhero” – “Now a happily married gay Mormon husband and father, Andersen has translated his lifetime of experience with the faith into a comic book series about gay and lesbian Mormon superheroes called Stripling Warrior—a reference to a Book of Mormon story about 2,000 young men who fought in an ancient American civil war—with gorgeous art by James Neish.” From critical dragon1177.
- “Russian politicians are debating if a tiger and a goat are ‘promoting homosexuality’” – “Russian lawyer Alexei Krestianov claims media coverage of the unlikely friendship could turn Russian kids gay by ‘generating interest in non-traditional sexual relationships.’ He added that their ‘non-traditional co-habitation’ is ‘an intrusion into the private lives of underage citizens and covert gay propaganda, as well as an active imposition of homosexuality.'”
Featured image: Kayden Clarke and service dog Samson
Wow, an unlikely friendship between a goat and tiger could somehow promote homosexuality and turn us all gay. Now I’ve heard everything.
We already have bears, cubs, ferrets and pigs. Next thing to hit the gay bars and bathhouses: tigers and goats.
Come to think of it, I wonder how long it will be before the conservatives in the Russian government, or some other group of homophobic bigots attack Bonobos?
Bonobos, a primate close to humans, is highly sexed and uses sexuality as a means of maintaining social order http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/national-geographic-photos-show-bonobos-love-sex-survive-article-1.1273287