- The Daily Show Takes on Trans Bathroom Panic – The Daily Show dedicated most of Wednesday’s episode to debunking anti-trans myths.
- “NAACP Announces Massive Sit-In at North Carolina Legislature if Anti-LGBT Bill Isn’t Repealed” – ““We cannot be silent in the face of this race-based, class-based, homophobic and transphobic attack on wage earners, civil rights, and the LGBTQ community.”
- Bruce Springsteen Cancels NC Concert – “[Friday], Bruce Springsteen, a champion of social justice in his public and personal life, announced that he was canceling a scheduled concert in Greensboro, N.C., on Sunday and will refund tickets.”
- Study Shows Conversations Count When Combating Transphobia – “The research—which thankfully recuperates claims about fighting homophobia that might sound familiar from an earlier faked data scandal last spring—shows that, on the issue of transphobia, a ‘single approximately 10-minute conversation encouraging actively taking the perspective of others can markedly reduce prejudice for at least 3 months.’”
- Marriage Equality Comes to Colombia – “The magistrates of the constitutional court voted six to three against a proposed ruling that said marriage applied only to unions between men and women and that it was up to the congress and not the court to decide on same-sex marriage. Magistrate Alberto Rojas, who voted against the proposed ruling and will now write up the majority decision making gay marriage legal, said: ‘All human beings … have the fundamental right to be married with no discrimination.'”
- India’s First Out Gay Prince Advocates for Gay Rights – Prince Gohil of Rajpipla, Gujarat was disowned by his family after publically outing himself in 2007. Now he’s pushing for greater acceptance and the decriminalization of gay sex.
- “37 Inspriational Quotes from LGBT Writers” – Check out this selection of inspirational quotes from Out Magazine.
Featured image via The Daily Show